Homework #5: Science with models: Butterfly mating
Due Thu., Sep 12
- Railsback & Grimm, Ch. 4, Ex. 4.2, 4.4
- Railsback & Grimm, Ch. 5, Ex. 5.1, 5.2, 5.4, and 5.7.
- Graduate Students:
- Railsback & Grimm, Ch. 5, exercises 5.5 and 5.8
Notes on Homework:
For exercise 5.1, you should have three versions of the model. Each version adds new changes on top of the previous version:
- one version of the model that incorporates all the changes (listed with triangular bullets in the book) in section 5.2 (pp. 64–68),
- one version that starts with the previous version from 5.2 and also incorporates the additional changes in section 5.4 (p. 70),
- one version that starts with the previous version from 5.4 and also incorporates the additional changes in section 5.5 (p. 73)
For exercise 5.2, look in the NetLogo dictionary for a command that does what you want. The point of this exercise is to start getting you used to looking for new NetLogo commands when you want to do something you haven’t yet learned about.